Sunday, November 28, 2010

Quote of the Week

Greetings!

I hope everyone had a fantastic and blessed Thanksgiving holiday.  As I continue my blog journey, I've decided to dedicate each Sunday to a special quote, one that I feel reaches out to me.  I always try to reflect on my career and how it can help others.  Here is my first quote:

“Perishability in a photograph is important in a picture. If a photograph looks perishable we say, "Gee, I'm glad I have that moment.”
 John Loengard 

Most moments in life cannot be duplicated.  Perfect examples of this are a person's wedding day, the birth of a child, and someone walking the stage to receive their diploma.  If you don't catch that moment (and no one else has either) then you're left with just a memory of that moment in your mind.  This can be quite devastating.  I remember years ago when my computer crashed and I thought my first born son's birth pictures were lost forever.  I was terribly upset but fortunately, we were able to retrieve all of the pictures.

Have you ever had an upcoming event and thought, "Gee, I would love to have that moment captured!"  Whether you have it captured through snapshots or professional portraiture, it becomes a memory that you can actually see and share with your friends and generations of family.  It no longer is a memory only in your mind and because of this, others get to share in this special event.  

I hope that in the following months of holiday festivities, you find many memories to capture and share!

Cheers! 


No comments: