Saturday, March 5, 2011

My Inspiration

All photographers have someone that inspired them into photography.  In my case, it is Anne Geddes.  Long before I even had the desire to pursue photography I would gaze at her work in awe.  She pretty much pioneered the art of newborn photography.  The combination of her photography technique as well as her digital editing techniques transform the tiniest of newborns into peaceful, sweet slumbering babies, nestled in flowers, soft cloth, baskets, etc.  She also has a remarkable touch with her maternity photography.  Pregnancy and the newborn stage of infancy is such a beautiful, precious time.  It is also a very unique style of photography.  I love how the sessions are so laid back and it helps me concentrate on getting the best images I possibly can.  I constantly research different styles and ideas to use in my work using not only Anne but other newborn photographers as well.

To experience Anne Geddes' work in it's finest, please visit:  http://www.annegeddes.com/Default.aspx

No comments: