Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My Style

I've been doing a ton of research lately into all aspects of newborn photography, to get an idea of what I think looks best, from depth of focus, to props, to color combinations, backdrops, and even floors.  I really want to find my style-something consistent that will make you think of DVP when you look at the image.  I'm currently going on location for my newborn work but will someday like to get a small studio either out of my home or somewhere centrally located, that will both house my growing list of props/backdrops/floors, but also offer the best in lighting as well.  I think a combination of natural and studio light works well when it comes to portraits, working with either one and/or the other to get the desired effect.

I'm currently looking into my options for portable flooring, because I think texture/color is not only important in the background, but also in the floor as well.  The majority of newborn photography takes place on the floor, usually in a prop such as a basket, bucket, chair, hammock, cocoon, scale, etc.  With my work on location, portable flooring/backdrops offer great versatility to the session and endless possibilities. 

Because of my desire to hone in on my newborn photography craft as well as build my newborn portfolio, I will frequently have specials geared towards newborn sessions.  Since I feel word of mouth is so important when it comes to photography, I will also offer incentives to those that refer new newborn/maternity clients to me.  Please be on the lookout for those specials in the near future!

My current special for newborns is focused around Spring and all the wonderful little creatures that come out to play!  I've partnered with an incredibly wonderful and talented crochet business, Calleigh's Clips (http://www.facebook.com/Calleighsclips) in starting a line of crochet newborn props called Cuddle Critter Capes.  These capes are pretty unique and include a hat and matching, detachable cape (the body) that turns tummy posing newborns into adorable creatures!  I currently have a ladybug, bumblebee, caterpillar, skunk, hedgehog, bunny, giraffe, and monkey available for shoots and will be adding to the collection! 

Since I'm interested in getting product photographs for her business as well as build my portfolio, I'm looking for newborns to model these cute, cuddly products!  If you have a newborn session with me between April and June 30th, you will receive an on location newborn session with me (3 hrs max) and 15% of any portrait print package, which includes a DVD of all edited images (minimum 20 images), both low and high resolution.  I will not only do portraits with these products, but also will do a regular newborn session featuring my props as well as anything you may want to contribute!  Like I mentioned before, if you refer a newborn client to me, you will also receive a special deal! (Deal to be announced)  

No comments: