Sunday, December 5, 2010

Quote of the Week

"The eyes are the window to the soul." 
 I tried to find the originator of this quote as there seems to be many but I saw that the origin is in the Bible 58 to 68 A.D.
-Matthew 6 22-23
The first time I heard it was in photography school, by my teachers.  The eyes are the most important part of a portrait.  You can tell so much about a person by the look in their eyes, it's so important that the eyes are the sharpest element in the picture.  They must have light in them, for if you don't have light in the eyes, you don't have life in them.  They are the first thing you should notice when you look at a portrait, the second part would be the lightest point in the picture.  It's all about the eyes.  When I shoot and edit my portraits, I try to focus really hard on those eyes and make them pop, make them shine!   

No comments: